Friday, January 13 to Monday, January 16, 2017
Instructors: Jody Danner Walker and Brad Walker
A comprehensive exploration of methods for casting glass, from simple open faced castings to more elaborate techniques such as lost wax casting and casting with rubber molds.
In this fast paced 4 day workshop we’ll approach glass casting from several angles, including:
- Open faced, or bas relief casting
- Lost wax casting, from start to finish
- Pate de verre, using a “paste of glass” in a mold
- Mold making with clay and plaster, as well as using rubber molds
- Coldworking techniques for casting.
This is a hands-on class in which students will learn to use existing molds or create their own molds from clay and plaster. Focus will be on creating a number of smaller pieces that showcase each technique. Experience with basic kiln processes is helpful, but not required.
All levels, four days Price: $595
10:00 to 4:30 first three days, 10:00 to 3:00 last day