Warm Glass -- your source for information
about glass fusing, slumping, kiln-forming, casting, and more.
WARM GLASS MAGNET EXCHANGE
Rules, Regulations, and Guidelines
More details will be posted as necessary on the Community Projects Bulletin Board.
The 2010 coordinator will be Charles Hall.
Charles may be contacted by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Signup ends December 15, 2009 or when 125 persons have signed up.
Return of sorted magnets: Maglesses will be shipped out by March 15, 2010.
1) If you missed the signup, but are still interested in participating, please contact the coordinator to see if you can be added as an alternate.
2) Entry Fee: $25, non-refundable. This will be collected after your entry has been accepted and is due by December 30th, 2008. The fee covers return shipping costs (you are responsible for shipping completed magnets to the coordinator). At this time we do not expect an adjustment for International shipments to be necessary. Once you are notified that your entry has been accepted, you will be asked for a check or credit card information to cover the entry fee. Receipt of the entry fee by the deadline guarantees your place in the exchange. Alternates will have seven (7) days from notification to provide payment to secure their placement.
Payment by check or money order should be made payable to Charles Hall and sent to 2030 N. 3rd Avenue, Napa, CA 94558. Make sure that you put your participant number on the check. To pay by credit card (Visa or Master Card only), use the link at the bottom right of the page to contact Brad Walker for details on the procedure for making credit card payments. All funds will be deposited in a special fund to cover the cost of the exchange. Any funds that are not needed to pay Exchange expenses will be donated to the Warm Glass Conference Scholarship fund.
3) Minimum size: 1 inch by 1 inch (25mm x 25mm). Maximum size: 2 inch by 2 inch (50mm x 50mm). Magnets do not need to be square. All entries must include some form of kiln-formed glass work (fusing, casting, etc.). They can be any shape desired -- round, square, rectangular, irregular -- so long as the shape conforms to the size limitations above. To minimize shipping cost, actual magnets are not necessary, as recipients will attach their own if desired. (That's where the name "magless" comes from.)
4) Upon completion, maglesses
are to be bagged in plastic bags appropriately sized for your magless
and labeled with your name and entry number on the outside of the bag.
Signing your magless with an engraver or glass paint is recommended.
Please enclose a self address mailing label with your magnet shipment.
Mail finished magnets to Charles Hall, 2030 N. 3rd Avenue, Napa, CA
5) Quantity: Up to 126 maglesses per entrant (actual quantity to be determined after signup period is over).
6) If you have any questions
you can post them on the
Projects Bulletin Board. You may also contact the
coordinator, Charles Hall.
Thank you. Letís have the best exchange ever!