Art versus craft!!!

This forum focuses on the artistic "why" and "what" more than the technical "how". Put more philosophical (but still art and glass related) posts here.

Moderator: Tony Smith

Haydo

Art versus craft!!!

Post by Haydo »

Who care's, just do it! You should of all told me how good a kiln controller is. But maybe some of the hypertension about times is the next challenge. peace, haydo
Life is like a raft, so be like a rat!...Challenging being a captain type rat though, going down with each ship and all!!
peter cummings

Re: Art versus craft!!!

Post by peter cummings »

You should of all told me how good a kiln controller is.
I thought we did. Congrats. And as I saw on a recent post, just 'cause there are 8 steps or 16, you don't have to use them all.
Peter.
Babette (Shawn)

Post by Babette (Shawn) »

Congratulations Haydo! Enjoy the new toy. May you create more wonderful new glass!
“Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.”
― Pablo Picasso
Buttercup

Post by Buttercup »

Did tell you!!! Jen
Haydo

Post by Haydo »

OK!!, you all did, thank you. Lucky I've got it. Was talking to one of the young blokes on crew about how things are going to change with approach to work. He came back with how he was so amused about all the fuss about overtime being done but strangely enough we are doing more than ever. Last time I went over the range for a week at one of the planets new mines being constructed it almost drove me to distraction that work was sitting in a cold kiln waiting to be inspected. peace, haydo
Life is like a raft, so be like a rat!...Challenging being a captain type rat though, going down with each ship and all!!