I think I've got it!!

This forum focuses on the artistic "why" and "what" more than the technical "how". Put more philosophical (but still art and glass related) posts here.

Moderator: Tony Smith

Haydo

I think I've got it!!

Post by Haydo »

I've had a big problem at work over the last few weeks regarding a hydraulic problem with a chinese crane. Nutted one solution out after a couple of days and more. The crane had been working well for over a week in the yard, this yard is part of boom central. Stuff coming and going , big stuff. Just before heading out bush for a couple of days I get a message that it's,....ah!, oh! with the crane. I look, test...WTF, it's all well. Anyway earlier tonight I had a revelation regarding a way to solve my problem by proving that it belongs in the other court again, something for lecotronic crew.
The whole jist of this ramble was to recognise the attraction to glass. It's problem solving for the creative type, hard core..wing and a prayer. My trade is a pretty rough one on a grunt like me, someone thrown into the shitty end of the process in maintenance. I was probably always smart enough to step up, not from lack of interest, more just all about timing and doubt. At the wrong end of my time as a diesel & HEE fitter I find myself offered all of these challenges relating to maintenance in a growing company. Boo Hoooooooo!!
It's all about nutting things out all of the time, keeping busy without being bogged down. IT'S THE HUNT, or is it about staying home for work and having real smokos.
peace, haydo
Life is like a raft, so be like a rat!...Challenging being a captain type rat though, going down with each ship and all!!
Marty

Re: I think I've got it!!

Post by Marty »

Haydo- Please have another go at that- pretend that you're in a foreign country and need to communicate to the locals, otherwise you'll be sleeping on the street and busted in the morning....
I gather you're involved in some sort of heavy machinery and had a revelation- yes?
Haydo

Post by Haydo »

Haydo- Please have another go at that- pretend that you're in a foreign country and need to communicate to the locals, otherwise you'll be sleeping on the street and busted in the morning....
I gather you're involved in some sort of heavy machinery and had a revelation- yes?
Thanks Marty, those two unfortunate circumstances might teach me a thing or two. But unfortunate for you is that it is not my PROBLEM that you can not understand me. Regarding the revelation bit, don't put too much mystical empasis on that if this is the part that has you confronted. peace, haydo
Life is like a raft, so be like a rat!...Challenging being a captain type rat though, going down with each ship and all!!
Joyce Walters

Post by Joyce Walters »

Dear Haydo.
Think about it this way.
Some of us like and care about your ramblings and your revelations.
If you write with just a few less colloquialisms we will enjoy them even more.
So the diesel crane has a problem with the electrical system and you are going to the outback for a few days to forget your big glass problems?
I, for one, do not know what an HEE fitter is, but the jist is that you have become one by osmosis?
In every creative endeavor.........the engineering is everything.
Remember the thought patterns so that you can use them to solve the next problem.
so create and engineer happily.
Joyce
Brock

Post by Brock »

What we are on here is the World Wide Net. World Wide!
If you don't understand something it is perfectly appropriate to ask for clarification.
What is NOT acceptable, IMO, is to tell people how to communicate.
People from other countries may use idiomatic language and jargon that you do not understand.
They have every right to express themselves as they wish . . . as does everyone else.
rosanna gusler

Post by rosanna gusler »

like he said. it is not all about U.S. rosanna
artist, owner of wanchese art studio, marine finisher
Haydo

Post by Haydo »

I really wasn't too worried about being offered a critique, I can be as rude as the next bloke when the need arises but would rather not. In my mind the connections are clear but the delivery is messy. My excitement was due to understanding the connection between work and play. I've been forced to play a leading role in trouble shooting our hydraulic cranes. I'm not very experienced in this position, having to think work stuff all day. I'm used to day dreaming about what I would do next in the studio while I'm at work busting my bum doing physical tasks. As I've become more relaxed with this I find that the answers don't need to be forced out on the spot. It is the process leading to sweet victory over a problem that is very appealling. peace, haydo
peter cummings

Post by peter cummings »

For anyone in the US who's read Shaun McNiff, Trust the Process. Haydo has worked it out himself, and hit the hammer on the head.
Peter.
Babette (Shawn)

Post by Babette (Shawn) »

I agree with you Haydo; "It's all about nutting things out all of the time, keeping busy without being bogged down. IT'S THE HUNT"

I think the challenge is what I like about glass, I have an idea and then I try to come up with a plan to create it. When it works I'm riding high.
So I have to ask; what are "real smokos"?
“Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.”
― Pablo Picasso
Haydo

Post by Haydo »

Shawn, smoko is crib which is a lunch break, they are OK but don't get me thinking. A real smoko for me would to be able to partake in illegal activity. It would be nice if those who wish to could have a couple at the weekends and not have to worry about being screened randomly at work. It's all the abusers and dim wits who spoil everything. I can't even stand on a machine above six feet high without a harness these days. peace, john