Drive.

This forum focuses on the artistic "why" and "what" more than the technical "how". Put more philosophical (but still art and glass related) posts here.

Moderator: Tony Smith

Haydo

Drive.

Post by Haydo »

What is it? For me it seems to be to find a lifestyle that encapsulates all that is missing. I find it harder each year to pose as the functioning being that fits the model that has been set for me. At the moment I'm enjoying a reprieve as a remote fitter/dogger/trucky. I have always wanted to be creative, make things, be an artist. It was only after a glorious meltdown and subsequent rehab that I found glass as a medium that I could not walk away from.
I like the idea of collaboration, to teach and share with disadvantaged, to travel, be around like minded and smoke the good stuff without fear of persecution. Simple life.

peace, haydo
Life is like a raft, so be like a rat!...Challenging being a captain type rat though, going down with each ship and all!!
Bert Weiss

Re: Drive.

Post by Bert Weiss »

Haydo wrote:What is it? For me it seems to be to find a lifestyle that encapsulates all that is missing. I find it harder each year to pose as the functioning being that fits the model that has been set for me. At the moment I'm enjoying a reprieve as a remote fitter/dogger/trucky. I have always wanted to be creative, make things, be an artist. It was only after a glorious meltdown and subsequent rehab that I found glass as a medium that I could not walk away from.
I like the idea of collaboration, to teach and share with disadvantaged, to travel, be around like minded and smoke the good stuff without fear of persecution. Simple life.

peace, haydo
Life's little challenges...
Bert

Bert Weiss Art Glass*
http://www.customartglass.com
Furniture Lighting Sculpture Tableware
Architectural Commissions
Tom Fuhrman

Post by Tom Fuhrman »

no one ever said it was easy!. " keep slugging away"
Why should you be any different than the rest of us. "sweat & tears"
Haydo

Post by Haydo »

Thanks, that's great to hear. Thought I was cursed by an old witch from PNG years ago, well she carried on like was giving me one.Have had a good time in studio for an extended period on break which has whetted my appetite. peace, haydo
Life is like a raft, so be like a rat!...Challenging being a captain type rat though, going down with each ship and all!!