Colored Glass Stands ???

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

Cindy next door

Colored Glass Stands ???

Post by Cindy next door »

I am thinking of painting my stands different colors to match my glass.

Has anyone tried this? Is it a futile thought? Is black just best?

I don't really have a lot of time to mess up, so I'm thinking I should just stick with black and experiment later, but I just think it might look really good.
Cindy next door
Jackie Beckman

Post by Jackie Beckman »

Don't paint them Cindy. It could scratch off and look awful. But, if you want, have them powder coated - comes in tons of colors. We're going to the powder coater any minute - call me or run over if you need info.

Jackie-Next-Door-To-Famous-Cindy
Cindy next door

Post by Cindy next door »

Unfortuantely, I have to deliver tomorrow afternoon. It's been quite a week! I assume powder coating can't be done in a day and I'm not sure if the colors will look good.

Leaning more towards the black by the minute!

(As for the famous - I figure Geena Davis can play my movie part, Mel Gibson for John ((A girl can dream can't she??? :lol:
Cindy next door
Cynthia

Post by Cynthia »

Good Fortune Cindy, Congratulations and best wishes!

Don't put more on your plate than you need. The black will be fine for now and you can experiment for later, future shows.

I'm really excited for you and wish you the best 8)
Brad Walker
Site Admin

Post by Brad Walker »

Black. It goes with everything.
doc

Post by doc »

CINDI.... MAY I ASK WHERE YOU GET YOUR STANDS? I need some and dnt know where to get them........... :roll:
charlie

Re: Colored Glass Stands ???

Post by charlie »

Cindy next door wrote:I am thinking of painting my stands different colors to match my glass.

Has anyone tried this? Is it a futile thought? Is black just best?

I don't really have a lot of time to mess up, so I'm thinking I should just stick with black and experiment later, but I just think it might look really good.
spray can enamel. cheap, readily available, lots of colors, and it won't chip off. if the metal is rusty, spray clear shellac (not varnish) first.
Doug

Post by Doug »

Hi Cindy....Tried the color thing years ago. My opinion, stick to black. Good quality spray paint will do in a pinch, but the black power coat is what I use now and its hands down better then paint. Doug