Dichroic frit problem plate now OK

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

Kitty

Dichroic frit problem plate now OK

Post by Kitty »

Before we changed boards, i posted a note asking for some thoughts about how to repair the gritty surface of a blank i made using dichroic frit on top, which left a horrible surface texture. I ground off the worst of the sharp points, covered the others with various sizes of BE thin clean, put an overspray on the whole thing, and refired it. This was one of those occasions when EVERYTHING WENT RIGHT, and the blank is now slumped into a shallow bowl, and looks quite nice. Wish i had a digital camera to show "before" and "after." Thanks to everyone for their ideas. It's great when something that has had as many problems as this project turns out well in the end. Kitty.
Jo Holt

Post by Jo Holt »

:D Yippee!

I wish you had a digi camera, too. The bowl sounds really nice.

What a good feeling when re-fires work well!

Oh! My Hawaiian engraved candle shelters were what the customer wanted so thanks for the translation; but USPO managed to break 1 of 4 :evil:

The replacement arrived in 1 piece :o and now the claim processing begins :roll:
lohman

Post by lohman »

Congrats Kitty. Glad you solved that problem. Would love to see the finished piece.
Kitty. I'll be in touch soon.