Can anyone recommend a good basics book on fusing & slum

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

Keith

Can anyone recommend a good basics book on fusing & slum

Post by Keith »

I have a project I have envisioned to use fused then slumped glass for a lamp I wish to create. I just moved my studio so I can get a kiln, and I am looking forward to doing some kiln work. Any suggestions on a book. I have had a cold studio for 10 years now, and previously I did pottery for 4. Thanks

:?:
Phil Hoppes

Post by Phil Hoppes »

Get the book Contemporary Warm Glass by Brad Walker, the originator and keeper of this board. Can't find a better book anywhere.

http://www.warmglass.com/CWGSummary.htm

Phil
Kitty

Post by Kitty »

amen, and can i be a witness?
Bert Weiss

Re: Can anyone recommend a good basics book on fusing &

Post by Bert Weiss »

Keith wrote:I have a project I have envisioned to use fused then slumped glass for a lamp I wish to create. I just moved my studio so I can get a kiln, and I am looking forward to doing some kiln work. Any suggestions on a book. I have had a cold studio for 10 years now, and previously I did pottery for 4. Thanks

:?:
Keith

Brad's book and Fusing Book 1 by Boyce Lunstrom are the 2 texts I would recommend. Click on Whitehouse books on the board sponsor list. They are a great resource for glass books.
Bert

Bert Weiss Art Glass*
http://www.customartglass.com
Furniture Lighting Sculpture Tableware
Architectural Commissions
Keith

Thanks

Post by Keith »

Thanks. those were the two books I had seen advertised, but I did not know if they were any good. Apparently they are.
Jack Bowman

Post by Jack Bowman »

Kitty wrote: amen, and can i be a witness?

Yes you can, Kitty. My mother-in-law is a Witness. I'll forward you're request. :twisted: