Unique paints

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

Jeri D

Unique paints

Post by Jeri D »

OK call me cheap, but I just bought some Unique paints from Rainbow Art and they came without temp directions and it is not on their color sheet either. Anyone have experience with them?
I fired red up to 1450(like paradise) and lost most of it, and the rest blackened.
Another question if you don't mind. Anyone use this with an airbrush. I want to bang out some stencil work on float for the tourist season. Let no person walk from my booth emptyhanded!! :wink:

thanks in advance
vineyard Jeri
deena

Post by deena »

I have used these paints on float and go up to 1500. The red turned out fine. I tried an emerald green that turned almost clear. I called and they said to stir and shake and this would cure the problem. i have never tried airbrushing with them. :roll:

Deena
Bert Weiss

Re: Unique paints

Post by Bert Weiss »

Jeri Dantzig wrote:OK call me cheap, but I just bought some Unique paints from Rainbow Art and they came without temp directions and it is not on their color sheet either. Anyone have experience with them?
I fired red up to 1450(like paradise) and lost most of it, and the rest blackened.
Another question if you don't mind. Anyone use this with an airbrush. I want to bang out some stencil work on float for the tourist season. Let no person walk from my booth emptyhanded!! :wink:

thanks in advance
vineyard Jeri
Ferro Sunshine and Summerday series. 19 mixabe colors. I'm teaching their use in a 3 day workshop preceeding WGWE2.

$200 gets you a complete Sunshine sample set with 50 - 100 grams of each color (mostly 100). See archives for more details. You can also buy any amount of any color with a $100 minimum. They make and sell dozens of mediums. Many other companies buy and resell these items. At Ferro You buy direct from the manufacturer at a good price.
Bert

Bert Weiss Art Glass*
http://www.customartglass.com
Furniture Lighting Sculpture Tableware
Architectural Commissions
Jeri D

Post by Jeri D »

Thanks Bert for the information. You are always a great source!