Brad Walker & Famous-osity

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

Gale aka artistefem

Brad Walker & Famous-osity

Post by Gale aka artistefem »

Brad Walker
Site Admin

Post by Brad Walker »

Well, it's actually been on Ebay a number of times, mostly from people who buy the book wholesale and then try to resell it at something closer to retail. I would imagine that being mentioned on Ebay is a long way from the kind of "famous-osity" that someone like Marty Kremer or Brian Blanthorn enjoys.
Elizabeth in UK

Post by Elizabeth in UK »

It will be interesting to see if the seller (same email address as a UK mail order sg company) gets more than his retail price for the book - which on his website he says are out of stock until September!! Might be a good way to sell some of our expensive books.
Gale aka artistefem

Post by Gale aka artistefem »

Brad.....famous-osity comes in many forms - just like creativity.

.......and just how many of us will ever write a book, let alone have a published one with enough value to be auctioned?

You're famous - LOL!!
Brian and Jenny Blanthorn

Post by Brian and Jenny Blanthorn »

Brad Walker wrote:Well, it's actually been on Ebay a number of times, mostly from people who buy the book wholesale and then try to resell it at something closer to retail. I would imagine that being mentioned on Ebay is a long way from the kind of "famous-osity" that someone like Marty Kremer or Brian Blanthorn enjoys.
Brad

Famous or not U have helped a great number pf people

As 4 me

I dont C how I can become Famous with that Mr Kremer steeling not only rooms but all the Famousivity

Hopefully he will get 2 Rich n have 2 retire soon
gone

Post by gone »

I thought it was funny that in the pictures of the book, it was opened to an image of Marty's work. Marty just can't lose!

Els