security tips for craft fair

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

rosanna gusler

security tips for craft fair

Post by rosanna gusler »

i cant post replys so i will start this new. there wqill be at least one person there who wants to steal your money. i believe that a cash box is inferior to a cash belt. some use a fanny pack. i use a cloth nail pouch painted with my studio name. large bills left small bills right. cull out large bills and leep them in another pocket. also be careful when breaking down. you will be tired and not too alert. theives know that. rosanna
Nancy Juhasz

Post by Nancy Juhasz »

Funny you should mention this Rosanna. Our state Arts and Crafts guild just alerted us to the fact that there is a group in the Eastern part of the US right now where they watch then one person distracts the artist while another goes for the cash. They were saying to keep our money on on our person. Me I'm a fanny pack person or my pockets if I have them in my clothing. Used to have a nail apron but lost stuff out of the pockets of it. Even made my own with nice decoration and personalized pockets.
Nanc
Susan Wright

Post by Susan Wright »

I got a nice craft pocket apron from Michaels. I removed the stitching lengthwise between two sets of pockets to create bil and MC pockets. I found it to work pretty good. I ekpt the small receipt book in one pocket, pens in another, BC in one and the rest held change and other essentials.
I got the full apron style and cut it for a waist style and used ribbon for a wrap around tie. I loved it but Steve hated it.

Susan W