stands for display

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

Ann Demko

stands for display

Post by Ann Demko »

:?: I am interested in finding the stands that so many are using for their discs. The base is the single stem into a flat rectangular piece. I have checked out a couple of sites I found on the web, but none of them has what I'm looking for. Argh!!!!! Or am I in a dream world and don't realize I have to make them myself or have them made. Thanks ahaed of time. Ann
Brad Walker
Site Admin

Post by Brad Walker »

For larger pieces you probably need to find a local welder. You ought to be able to get them made for $25 to $50 each, but it may take some effort to find a welder willing to take on the work.
Kitty

plate stands

Post by Kitty »

look at this one
http://www.artglass1.com/slumpingforms.htm
i bought some of these, and the quality is very good.
also, talk to a blacksmith.
kitty
Dick Kolpack

Stands

Post by Dick Kolpack »

I might be able to help you out. I have been doing custom stands for a few people on the board. E-mail me off line and lets discuss your needs.

Dick
Kelly Burke Makuch

Post by Kelly Burke Makuch »

Brad, I want the name of your welder! I've had small bases made , by small I mean to house a piece dia. of 15". . the bases were 21" at it's highest..guess how much....$370. and change EACH. Yeeks! Can you say --not a good shopper! Actually, I did price this out and all around the same price.
I would love to know what every one else may have paid for a stand of this sort. Simple design-base single shaft and holder off to one side (bent ). You've seen em...
I love to support local welders, but after all I can't charge out the...
Do you use a formula: double the sub. fees + labor +supplies +shipping?
This is my dilemma......
Thanks......Kelly "Ma...Kooch" (makuch)
judith

Post by judith »

Dick Kolpack has made a few beautiful stands for me. They were well designed (I gave him freedom iin design) and beautifully finished. They were very competively-priced for custom stands. Give him a try!

judith
lohman

display stands

Post by lohman »

I need stands, Dick Kolpak. Didn't find email address for you in your profile. Check mine and send me a note.
Thanks
jj jacobs

Class on making metal stands

Post by jj jacobs »

Awhile back I spoke with the people at Sundance Glass in Mountainview, California about taking their class for making metal stands. They didn't have any classes scheduled since the person teaching was away for a couple of months and they didn't have anyone signed up or interested in taking the class in the near future. I would really like to take this class and would be willing to set it up if there are people out there who are willing to travel to Santa Cruz, CA (not that far from San Francisco!) Here is the link--check out the prices and what techniques you can learn over a 3-day period for only $195!!!

http://www.artglass1.com/fgclassdisplay1.htm

Santa Cruz has the Boardwalk, fun galleries and shops, and is an ocean city!!!! Beautiful in the spring, and very reasonable hotel rates if booked before Memorial Day :D

If anyone is interested in taking this class, let me know and I'll see what arrangements can be made.
Sherry Salito-Forsen

metal stands

Post by Sherry Salito-Forsen »

Kolpack
E-mail Address(es):
kolpack@ironwoodmetal.com

Here's Dick Kolpack's info, He just finished a job for me and it looks great. Plus he's easy to work with.
Sherry Salito-Forsen
jj jacobs

Post by jj jacobs »

Thank you! What price range does he work in?
I just received some metal stands from Sundance
Glass--they are very reasonable -- powder coated
squares and half-circles -- $24 - $35 range....
But I have some different ideas in mind. Thanks
again for the lead!
JJ
Dick Kolpack

Stands

Post by Dick Kolpack »

I am down in Tucson for a day or so, as soon as I get back I'll have a site up picturing the stands. My pricing runs from $30 - $55 for a semi- custom frame. Custom frames delt with on an indivual basis.
Always willing to work with you to make it just right.

Dick
Cheryl

Definitely interested in that metalworking class!!

Post by Cheryl »

Wish it weren't in california, but don't mind flying over for something like that. Definitely keep me posted!! :P
Cheryl

Definitely interested in that metalworking class!!

Post by Cheryl »

Wish it weren't in california, but don't mind flying over for something like that. Definitely keep me posted!! :P