CraftHouston 2003: National merit award winner

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

ellen abbott

CraftHouston 2003: National merit award winner

Post by ellen abbott »

I'm sure this will come as no surprise to anyone who knows Catharine Newell's work...she won one of the three $1000 Merit Awards for her 'Glimpses of Mr. Hidcote' at the show.

I got bubkis. No sour grapes, I'm pleased to have a piece in the show.

E
Jackie Beckman

Post by Jackie Beckman »

Way to go Catharine!!! Well deserved - that's an amazing piece - good for you!
Lani McGregor

Post by Lani McGregor »

We all KNEW you'd get it, Catharine! Congratulations, a giant step forward for kiln glass. Thank you!
Jody Walker

Post by Jody Walker »

YEH! Catharine! How absolutely fabulous! And Ditto Lani - we need alot more awards in the fused glass field. Keep leading us!
Doug

Post by Doug »

Congrats Catherine. Also your show at Foster/White is top notch as I can't say enough nice things about it. Your work has improved in leaps and bounds. Sorry I couldn't make it to the opening, but I promise to stop in when I come to Seattle next weekend. I think you've finally arrived...good going!...Doug
Avery Anderson

Post by Avery Anderson »

Congratulations Catherine! I'm thrilled for you and it couldn't be more deserved. Your work is fabulous, just as you are. It was great seeing you at BECon.

Avery
Amy Schleif-Mohr

Post by Amy Schleif-Mohr »

Congratulations Catherine! You work in your new show is GREAT!

Fantastic!
Amy
Barbara Muth

Post by Barbara Muth »

Ctharine that's marvelous new. You couldn't deserve it more! Congratulations,

Barbara
Barbara
Check out the glass manufacturer's recommended firing schedules...
LATEST GLASS
Catharine Newell

Post by Catharine Newell »

Gee Whiz... How terrific to come to my computer this morning, with coffee in hand, to find all this! Thanks so much, everyone.

It was a terrifically exciting surprise to hear about the Craft Houston Merit Award and I am most grateful to have had my work singled out. The work in the show is of outstanding quality (witness Ellen's piece!) and I'm pleased to be a part of it It's an interesting show... the work will be exhibited at the Ctr. for Contemporary Craft for two months and then travel around the US for one year. Great exposure for everyone!

Thanks also for the comments about the Foster White Show in Seattle. If anyone is interested in seeing that work, the website is: http://www.fosterwhite.com.

Isn't this the most fun you've ever had?!!
Catharine