compresor for axtec

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

doc

compresor for axtec

Post by doc »

ok got lucky and got my Michaels 'deal'..........now what compressor should I buy?
Avery Anderson

Post by Avery Anderson »

You are lucky. The Michaels' here in Eugene is still selling them for $159.00 so apparently this isn't nationwide...at least yet.

I'd suggest you go to Home Depot or Sears or such and purchase one of those mushroom (bubble) type of compressors. They are usually rated for about 120 PSI and sell for less than the little airbrush compressors you'd find at Michaels. If you're going to get into sandblasting, you can use the same compressor for both the airbrush and sandblasting.

Avery
charlie

Post by charlie »

Avery Anderson wrote:You are lucky. The Michaels' here in Eugene is still selling them for $159.00 so apparently this isn't nationwide...at least yet.

I'd suggest you go to Home Depot or Sears or such and purchase one of those mushroom (bubble) type of compressors. They are usually rated for about 120 PSI and sell for less than the little airbrush compressors you'd find at Michaels. If you're going to get into sandblasting, you can use the same compressor for both the airbrush and sandblasting.

Avery
it's called a pancake compressor, and it probably won't have enough cfs to do much sandblasting.
Tony Smith

Post by Tony Smith »

Hey, that sounds like a good topic for discussion at WGW next month.

Tony
The tightrope between being strange and being creative is too narrow to walk without occasionally landing on both sides..." Scott Berkun
Stephie

Post by Stephie »

Avery, did you have them ring it on the register?
I called our local store and they said they didn't have it. Went to the store for something else, and there was one on the shelf. It wasn't marked as discounted in anyway, so I took it up and asked them to scan it. $40 came up and I bought it. It's worth a try if you haven't done that already.
Steph
Avery Anderson

Post by Avery Anderson »

it's called a pancake compressor, and it probably won't have enough cfs to do much sandblasting.[/quote]

Hey Charlie:

What I meant was if RJ was going to get into sandblasting and was going to buy a compressor, that the sandblasting compressor could be used for both. Wasn't suggesting the pancake for sandblasting. You'd be surprised at the number of people who don't think they can use a big compressor for airbrushing. Sorry for the confusion....

Avery
doc

air compressor

Post by doc »

:lol: Avery, thanks for your help. I am sure the compressor you mentioned will be just fine. I am a newbie at all this (just got my kiln today) and dont even know how to airbrush but I got caught up in the 'shopping madness for aztec'. ....hope Ill be as successful in my firing..BTW, the girl at Michals didnt know it was discounted until I went to the check-out register.......so ..go for it. Looking forward to participate in future classes with you. Much thanks :)
sadiesjewels

Post by sadiesjewels »

I tried to get caught up in the Aztec sale too, only my Michaels only stocked Badgers ... not an Aztec in sight .... booo hooo, now I'll just have to get one from Brad!

Sadie