Glass Artist TV Shows

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

Sharon David

Glass Artist TV Shows

Post by Sharon David »

Hi
My name is Sharon David and yes I’m addicted to glass. :shock: My addiction has been fueled very nicely, THANKS Brad for making this possible.
Due to this deep interest I Tape Glass Artist Programs that are aired on HGTV (Home and Garden TV)
I’d like to contribute to this list by posting up coming Glass Shows.
Here is what I have found for March and April.

Modern Masters Glass Artist Listing

03-23-03 1:30pm est. (MAS-408) Leslie Rankin puts a little of Las Vegas' sparkle into her work, as she sandblasts and paints a glass room divider.

03-29-03 1:30pm est. (MAS-409) Rafael Aboy is shown in his Miami studio sandblasting a leaf design into the legs of a glass table.

04-12-03 1:30pm est. (MAS-411) New Orleans glass artist Mitchell Gaudet creates a blown-glass vase and embellishes it with cast-glass objects that signify lost love.

04-19-03 1:30pm est. (MAS-412) Michael Murphy, a Los Angeles glass artist, takes brilliantly colored glass and melts it to create one-of-a-kind pieces.

04-26-03 1:30 pm est. (MAS-413) Detroit glass artist Maxwell Davis creates a glass table with legs that look like icicles.

For more info on the web

Go to hgtv.com then Shows A-Z click on Modern Masters this will show the listings for the week, on the bottom of the page, click View all Episodes and you can look up other artist. Or search the episode # (MAS-#) for more info on the artist and project.
Even if you don’t have cable the sight has a lot of info on the artist and the process.
If anyone would like to be on a monthly mailing of this info please email me direct. :P

Enjoy
Sharon David
Jane Lindell

Post by Jane Lindell »

Sharon:

Thank you for posting the information! Modern Masters is always an excellent program and these artists sound very intriguing.

Jane
Dick Ditore

Post by Dick Ditore »

Thanks for the info. I love watching shows of this nature. I am sure if you went through the gallery here on the main page you would get lots of inspiration for future shows with warm glass artists!

Dick
Jon Wunderlich

Post by Jon Wunderlich »

Thanks Sharon,

I haven't seen the show as much since they changed times but the one's I have seen lately have been repeats. These sound like new shows and I will make an effort to watch them.

Jon