Chroma paints - anyone tried them?

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

Peg

Chroma paints - anyone tried them?

Post by Peg »

Has anyone tried the Chroma range of paints, as used in Bettina Eberle's book on kiln fired glass? The range includes 'interference paints' and 'crystal ice'.
I'm planning to order some from Switzerland (where I assume it is made) - and as it will take a few months to be delivered I plan to order a fairly comprehensive range.... unless someone can tell me that it's not worth the wait.
Don Burt

Re: Chroma paints - anyone tried them?

Post by Don Burt »

Peg wrote:Has anyone tried the Chroma range of paints, as used in Bettina Eberle's book on kiln fired glass? The range includes 'interference paints' and 'crystal ice'.
I'm planning to order some from Switzerland (where I assume it is made) - and as it will take a few months to be delivered I plan to order a fairly comprehensive range.... unless someone can tell me that it's not worth the wait.
Ten hours have passed and noone has responded. It is thereby your responsibility to order the whole range of Chroma paints, perform tests, document results, and report back with photographs. Thanks.
Peg

Re: Chroma paints - anyone tried them?

Post by Peg »

Chroma Europe Ltd. - Trading as Tomas Seth & Co.
They might be able to help you.
Good luck.
thanks - but it's a different 'Chroma'. I believe the paints I mean are made by a company called 'Ullman', or similar. They are kiln-fired paints, enamels, metallics and textures - quite possibly made for the ceramics industry. Anyway, I'm gonna order some - though the dealer says he can't get hold of any for a month or two. I'm particularly intersted in the 'iterference paint' - which seems to give glass a coloured irridescence, though it's hard to tell exactly what the effect is from the pictures. See http://www.bettina-eberle.ch
I shall keep you posted...