Adjusting Your Chicago Tile Saw Part Four

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

Randy W

Adjusting Your Chicago Tile Saw Part Four

Post by Randy W »

The water flow wasn't correct on my saw either. The tubes were too far away from the blade.

Remove the screw that holds the " Y " shape piece. Slide the two tubes forward until they are almost touching. Then drill a new hole and re-install a new screw with a nut on the bottom. (I have a small spring clamp holding mine in place cause I'm lazy.)

[/img]http://users.wi.net/~magnum/Saw/7.JPG[img]

Good Luck.
Randy[/img]
Jack Bowman

Post by Jack Bowman »

Great post in theory, but I can't read it because the picture covers the text. Any ideas?

Jack
Jack Bowman

Post by Jack Bowman »

The picture also covers my last post.

Jack
Carolyn Ledbetter

Post by Carolyn Ledbetter »

Randy and Jack I CAN read the text in your posts. Great info on alignment. Makes me want to rush out and buy a tile saw. Thanks!
Jack Bowman

Post by Jack Bowman »

Why does the picture cover the text on my screen. Maybe I was sick the day we studied how to get the pix out of the way.

Jack
Jack Bowman

Post by Jack Bowman »

In any event I just added more water to the sump until the pump had enough pressure to hit the blade. Just curious what your solution was. Seems the tubes are too short.

Jack
Rob Morey

Post by Rob Morey »

Randy,
Great post. Thank you very much. What do you use to lubricate the bar slide? Mine is very sticky.

Rob
"Come to the edge. We might fall. Come to the edge. It's too high! Come to the edge! And they came, and he pushed...... and they flew."
-- Christopher Logue
Lisa Allen

Post by Lisa Allen »

Rob Morey wrote:Randy,
Great post. Thank you very much. What do you use to lubricate the bar slide? Mine is very sticky.

Rob
I'm not Randy, but I had the same problem and called MK. They recommended WD-40 and mine slides great now.

Lisa
Lisa Allen
http://www.lisa-allen.com
Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.
jim simmons

Post by jim simmons »

Jack Bowman wrote:Why does the picture cover the text on my screen. Maybe I was sick the day we studied how to get the pix out of the way.

Jack
If you are using an older version of netscape that will happen. I used to have that problem with netscape 4.7. I just upograded to netscape 7.1 and all of thjose problems went away.

Jim
Jack Bowman

Post by Jack Bowman »

Thank you Jim. 4.7 it is.

Jack