Leatherbarrow Classes

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

KellyG

Leatherbarrow Classes

Post by KellyG »

The link on Bob's contact page isn't working and I've just received an undeliverable email to him. Does anyone know if he's still teaching and how to contact him.

...Kelly
Bob

Post by Bob »

Hi Kelly,

Yes, I am alive and well. My web site is incredibly out of date and I am in the process of completely rebuilding it. My email address on the web site is incorrect...sorry about that but I thought I should fix everything properly and not just tweak away. Poor excuse I know.

Yes I am still teaching although for the fall of 2003 I will be teqaching only at a studio here in Calgary, Alberta. I have two introductory classes scheduled for Sept 20/21 and Oct 25/26 and a powder class scheduled for late November. I teach once a month from Septembet through to June. Just today I discussed a session of classes at Vitrum with Judith. She has promised me "Dancing Girls" and a partially renovated Mezzanine. What a bonus. The session is likely to occur in May...ish. If you contact me via the message service on this board I will get back to you with details if you would like.

As an aside... I have been incredibly busy at my day job and have not been able to participate in the threads on this board as regularly as I like to. But I am still an active lurker and read as much as I can. I miss not being involved in the discussion and comraderie. These day jobs are a distraction at times. Oops... gotta run ... here comes the boss.

Cheers,

Bob
Jack Bowman

Post by Jack Bowman »

Bob,

Where will the Calgary classes be held?

Jack
Bob

Post by Bob »

Hi Jack,

The Calgary classes are held at Fusion Stained Glass, a local retail studio. Class size is never more than 10 people, and is generally about 8. The weekend workshops are about $Can295.

Cheers,

Bob
Claudia Whitten

Post by Claudia Whitten »

Bob,
Would you post a link when you get your web site done, admiring minds would love to see your new creations........Claudia
:shock: :shock:8):):D :?
Bob

Post by Bob »

Hi Claudia,

You bet! It is the old "one step forward, two steps back" routine. I have just about been finished for the last few weeks. But fiddley details keep popping up. I thought I had been cured of my obsessive compulsive tendancies but I guess they are still there... waiting.

Cheers,

Bob