Pilchuck Auction

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

Dani

Post by Dani »

I tried to check Catharine Newell's link from the artists' list and it gives me someone else's work. I didn't go through the entire list to see if someone else's name would give me Catharine's work... yikes! :roll:
Cynthia

Post by Cynthia »

Dani wrote:I tried to check Catharine Newell's link from the artists' list and it gives me someone else's work...:roll:
Ditto. I wanted to see all the work and Catharine newell's wasn't Catharine Newell's. Hopefully they'll get it straightened out.

Congratulations to all those kiln fired glassies who were accepted. I am very impressed with all the work. I hope this launches many carreers to the desired heights.
Catharine Newell

Post by Catharine Newell »

Dani wrote:I tried to check Catharine Newell's link from the artists' list and it gives me someone else's work. I didn't go through the entire list to see if someone else's name would give me Catharine's work... yikes! :roll:

Just a small snafu, I guess... My work IS there (I checked!), in the Red Auction. The info given in the directory is correct - it just doesn't cross reference, for some odd reason. Ah, well. Story of my life....

Catharine
lauren

Post by lauren »

the page is up, they just linked it incorrectly
here's the link: http://www.pilchuck.com/events/auction_ ... on/44.html
Last edited by lauren on Thu Oct 09, 2003 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Tarlow

Post by Paul Tarlow »

Wow. Congrats to everyone whose works was accepted.

Just another reminder (as if we needed it) of how fortunate we all are that many of the most talented people working with warm glass are regulars on this board and generous with their knowledge.

- Paul
lauren

Post by lauren »

amen!
Brock

Post by Brock »

Well gang, all it costs is the shipping fee to Seattle. That's usually not too pricey, (unless you're Jackie).

There's not even an entry fee. Next year . .

EVERYBODY ENTER!

You can see the diverse range of work, make something good and enter.
Surely, if you set your mind to it, you could make something extraordinary by nexy July. That's a long way off.

Get to work!
My memory is so good, I can't remember the last time I forgot something . . .
Jackie Beckman

Post by Jackie Beckman »

Well gang, all it costs is the shipping fee to Seattle. That's usually not too pricey, (unless you're Jackie).

Well Brock, this was the least expensive piece I ever shipped. My shipping guy felt so terrible about my original Legacy piece breaking (which, incidentally, must have now vanished off the face of the earth) that he overnighted my piece to Pilchuck for free - packed it nice too.

Back to my sewing machine . . .
Brock

Post by Brock »

Back to my sewing machine . . .

I take it you're going to make an entrance?
Jackie Beckman

Post by Jackie Beckman »

I take it you're going to make an entrance?

Who? Me?
Amy on Salt Spring

Post by Amy on Salt Spring »

Not trying to look extra pretty for any certain famous glass artist in particular...
:wink:
Jackie Beckman

Post by Jackie Beckman »

Amy on Salt Spring wrote:Not trying to look extra pretty for any certain famous glass artist in particular...
:wink:
Oh are you funny!! Bad, but funny. Wrong, but funny. And the worst part is - - - well, there's a lot of worst parts. How do you delete??
Lani McGregor

Post by Lani McGregor »

Jackie, Delete YOU? Never!

Meanwhile, please come find us... we've got a table with a bunch of the BE crowd: moi, Dan, Ted, plus Holly & Rebecca from the Gallery and also Steve K and Catharine N.... we'll look for you, but with sometimes 1,000 people in the room it's easy to miss even The Most Wildly Dressed damsel ... now BROCK, I never miss.... it's the shirts.....

and the two of you together will no doubt one day be an item in the live auction. You'd easily go for $100K over value!

Congratulations to everyone who was accepted into the auction. It's a great career step. - Lani
Brock

Post by Brock »

I just may surprise you Lani, I'm working on a whole new ensemble.

I'm more worried about Ted, having seen his fashion sense in the past.

Signing off for the weekend . . .

Brock
Lani McGregor

Post by Lani McGregor »

Brock wrote:I just may surprise you Lani, I'm working on a whole new ensemble.

I'm more worried about Ted, having seen his fashion sense in the past.

Signing off for the weekend . . .

Brock
You thought that was "sense"?
Jackie Beckman

Post by Jackie Beckman »

Lani McGregor wrote:Jackie, Delete YOU? Never!

Meanwhile, please come find us... we've got a table with a bunch of the BE crowd: moi, Dan, Ted, plus Holly & Rebecca from the Gallery and also Steve K and Catharine N.... we'll look for you, but with sometimes 1,000 people in the room it's easy to miss even The Most Wildly Dressed damsel ... now BROCK, I never miss.... it's the shirts.....

and the two of you together will no doubt one day be an item in the live auction. You'd easily go for $100K over value!

Congratulations to everyone who was accepted into the auction. It's a great career step. - Lani

Come find you??? You won't be able to get rid of me! I'll be telling Dan, "Oh come on, buy Lani that pretty piece - - - the one with all those colors. Here - take my pen, go on, do it."
Lani McGregor

Post by Lani McGregor »

Jackie Beckman wrote:
Come find you??? You won't be able to get rid of me! I'll be telling Dan, "Oh come on, buy Lani that pretty piece - - - the one with all those colors. Here - take my pen, go on, do it."
Jackie, Jackie, Jackie.... we are 21st century wimmin! We've got our OWN wallets! And we don't sit on them at auctions like the stuffy old men we hang around with! Heh heh, I feel the Bidding Fever already!!.... - Lani
Jackie Beckman

Post by Jackie Beckman »

Lani McGregor wrote:
Jackie Beckman wrote:
Jackie, Jackie, Jackie.... we are 21st century wimmin! We've got our OWN wallets! And we don't sit on them at auctions like the stuffy old men we hang around with! Heh heh, I feel the Bidding Fever already!!.... - Lani
Well, of course we have our own wallets, but presents are much more fun, aren't they?? It's sort of like buying one's own perfume . . . it just doesn't smell as sweet.
Pat Loboda

Post by Pat Loboda »

I'd like to extend my congratulations, too.

Pat Loboda