Preferred magazines for kilnformed glass artists?

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

Don Burt

Post by Don Burt »

I subscribe to the SGAA Quarterly Collection of Richard Gross Photography Articles, and Lapidary Journal and Photoshop Users. The rest, I read at Borders Books and Tapes: Ornament, Ceramic Monthly, Art in America, Tattoo, Airbrush, Vogue, Metalsmith, anything else that isn't too embarrassing.

The 'Magazine'. I'm thinking back through its origins and evolution. Some insight to be gained about our culture there, but I can't come-up with any conclusions. Think I'll jump over to http://www.fark.com and check the newz. - Attention Span -1 Boy
Bev Brandt

Post by Bev Brandt »

db wrote:....Vogue, ...anything else that isn't too embarrassing.
Vogue isn't embarrassing?

I suppose it would be good for keeping up with current design trends. Yeah. That's it. I can't convince myself to get it, though. I have a phobia of teenage magazine shop clerks and their rolling eyes...

I do subscribe to House and Garden. My neighbor got my copy once. When she gave it back, I said apologetically as I reached over my dying container plants to grab it: "Obviously, I don't read it."

MakingMarthaStewartWeepGirl
Bev Brandt
Don Burt

Post by Don Burt »

Bev Brandt wrote:
db wrote:....Vogue, ...anything else that isn't too embarrassing.
Vogue isn't embarrassing?
I guess its pretty lame. But I think clothing and jewelry design are fine arts, and the stuff I see in Vogue is often beautiful and usually creatively photographed.
Gale aka artistefem

Post by Gale aka artistefem »

An online resource - paperless mag - is http://www.artglassinfo.com.

Kiln-forming articles are included in each issue.