Paradise Paints firing

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

tom suter

Paradise Paints firing

Post by tom suter »

I have this excellent bottle painted by a friend of mine. It is exteremly detailed and was done with paradise pre mixed not powder paint. Firing is suppose to go to 1350-1450. With all this detail, you can see by picture do you think that I will lose the detail. Would it help to fire it slower or fire it part way back off and then refire it. I hate to lose all this detail. It was his first attempt with this paint and he really over did it. Thanks for any help

This picture is really not good enough you can go to and click on whats new album for a much better picture
thanks
http://www.picturetrail.com/tomsfoolery
Tom
Head Fool @ Tom's Foolery
http://www.picturetrail.com/tomsfoolery
Brock

Post by Brock »

That's a very nicely painted bottle. Paradise paint doesn't float around much, I think you will keep every detail of that painting. Becasue you have some red in it, I would conservatively rise to 1350, and hold until it LOOKS just right. Going above approx. 1385 will lead to colour changes in the red. Brock
My memory is so good, I can't remember the last time I forgot something . . .
Ron Coleman

Post by Ron Coleman »

Amazing paint job on the bottle Tom. You shouldn't have much problem firing the paradise paints, they don't seem to flow very far. Keep an eye on them as you go past 1400 and look for the paints to gloss up and they're done.

Maybe you might try a sample on similar glass before going for the gold.

Ron

Treat this baby with kid gloves, it's a gem.
Kim Bellis

Post by Kim Bellis »

beautiful!!!
Cher

Post by Cher »

nice bottle job, and great photo-shoot. thanks for sharing.