SOFA Redux

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

Pat Zmuda

SOFA Redux

Post by Pat Zmuda »

I would like to thank Lani McGregor for giving our SOFA group a place to gather (the Bullseye Connections booth) and for putting together a tour of warmglass artists exhibiting at SOFA. Thanks to both Lani and Catherine Newall for taking the time to guide the WGB's SOFA attendees through parts of SOFA. It was a pleasure to not only get explanations of the work, but to talk to the artists as well (I missed Klaus, but many of the contingent did get to meet him!).

Regards,

Pat in Chicago
Amy Schleif-Mohr

Post by Amy Schleif-Mohr »

I would like to extend my thanks to Lani and Catherine as well. And to you too Pat for helping arrange the group.

It was very nice to see everyone again, and some new faces also!

Hope to see everyone next year too and more!

Amy
Catharine Newell

Post by Catharine Newell »

Thought I might ask about the work you found to be the most outstanding at SOFA? Favorite artists? Approaches? Materials?

It was quite the stellar assemblage of work!
Catharine
Amy Schleif-Mohr

Post by Amy Schleif-Mohr »

Well, that question is way more difficult to answer than ask!

I was very impressed with the Ceck castings. But, the pieces that I wanted to buy- one by Miriam De Fiore (a wall hanging with the big saw blade) and one by Keith Clayton (another wall hanging, with this awesome red color with dark grey or black background)

Amy