Best glue for glass - without showing

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

BNordeen

Best glue for glass - without showing

Post by BNordeen »

Does anyone know what the best glue is for glass to mirror ? I'm using E6000 but it dries and shows thru the fused glass and looks sloppy! I heard something about ultra -violet glue -- anybody out there know anything about this product? Thanks for any info. Barbara N.[/b]
shasta

Post by shasta »

hiya i've tried many glues and diluting it and it has always shown, for me anyways. i find using hairspray the best...
ellen abbott

Post by ellen abbott »

I use Dymax glass to glass UV curing glue. It does not show if done properly ie you have to have complete coverage edge to edge. Loctite works well also (also UV curing). The key is complete coverage edge to edge. Any other technique will show as 'water marks'.

e
Geri Comstock

Post by Geri Comstock »

There was a discussion about this about a week ago...you need a glue with some give. I always used E6000 when i made mirrors, but I designed them with opaque areas so that I could put the glue there and it wouldn't show through the glass.

Geri
Lynne Chappell

Post by Lynne Chappell »

UV glue is certainly the most invisible, but be absolutely sure you don't get any on the silvering or on the edge of the mirror. It eats the silver big time.
Bea

Post by Bea »

Have you tried PVA craft glue? I learned that on this forum a couple of months ago and have been using it since. It is just a glue I get from the local craft shop and when dried properly before firing, doesn't show up at all.

Bea
Simply Bea Beads