how to make a fountain

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

bex

how to make a fountain

Post by bex »

ie. i dont know how to make a fountain
got an idea of making an indoor fountain, thought id make a big draped piece, but then what??/

if i make a big bowl, how the hell do i get the water to run off into it?? need a second piece to fit in side but have no ideas that work... anyone esle tried this??

ps nice new web site, WOW!!
Cheryl

Fountains - lots of good books

Post by Cheryl »

Fountains are wonderful, agreed, but you definitely need to start with some basic technical info on water pumps, tubing, electrical requirements, etc. I would recommend that you look into some of the many books on making table-top fountains. In fact, your local stained glass retailer probably has one on making stained glass fountains. All the specs will transfer just fine to fused glass. Happy hunting...
Luiza

Post by Luiza »

Hi Bex
I have made a wonderfull fountain for my bedroom. Not too big, but give us that delicious water sound and happy dreams...
It´s really easy, all you need is an aquarium pump (you have to decide the height of your fountain, and someone at the store will help you with the right pump - you won´t like to have a Niagara falls :lol:
Buy a piece of plastic tube that fits the pump, buy some rocks ( I have lots of rose quartz), and slump, slump, slump all colors of glass you like. Put all inside a big bowll, and voilà!!!!!!!
Luiza