SOFA and Big Boats

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

Jackie Beckman

SOFA and Big Boats

Post by Jackie Beckman »

I have interesting news for anyone who’s thinking of attending SOFA in Chicago this year, October 16th – 19th. Lani has graciously offered to put together a guided tour of the kilnformed glass at the show, where artists represented by Bullseye and other galleries will give a presentation about their work. This is a fantastic opportunity to learn a great deal about the glass we’re drooling over there, as well as meet the artists and socialize a little afterwards. Which brings me to my next point . . . the party. (You KNEW there had to be a party, right?) You’ll have the option of joining us on the first ever, maybe annual, Post-Tour-Cocktail-N-Dinner-Cruise aboard the Odyssey which departs from Navy Pier. There will be cocktails, an outstanding meal, live entertainment, dancing, and most importantly the spectacular view of the Chicago skyline as seen from the water at night. Truly, a sight not to be missed! I’ll be following up with more details as spring draws to an end. Meanwhile, I need to have those who are interested contact me by email.

Bon Voyage,
Jackie
Keith Clayton

Post by Keith Clayton »

That sounds like allot of fun-Count us in!!!
Deanna and Keith Clayton
Gale aka artistefem

Post by Gale aka artistefem »

Not going to miss it this year!! I've put a big red bullseye on my calender for that weekend.

Count two more in........Gale
Lani McGregor

Post by Lani McGregor »

I’m herewith proposing that Bullseye rename its Research and Education Department “Resorts and Educationâ€
Diane Anderson

Post by Diane Anderson »

Count me in!
Jackie Beckman

Post by Jackie Beckman »

I'm so looking forward to our little extravaganza - what a fabulous day and night we have planned! I do have one small request however - even if you post a reply to me here on the board, please shoot me a quick email as well. I 'll need your email addresses to eventually forward you more information about time, date, ticket info, where we'll be meeting, etc.

Thanks - You'll be making my life a little easier. :D
richard

Post by richard »

sounds great ... add 3 more to your list ...

-richard
Jackie Beckman

Post by Jackie Beckman »

For those of you who sent me an email. I have sent out some information about the cruise. If you wish to join us, but have not sent me an email, please do so, so that I may send you important details. Thanks-
Doug

Post by Doug »

8) Hmmmm. This sounds like a outstanding evening...count me in.....Doug
Jackie Beckman

Post by Jackie Beckman »

Doug wrote:8) Hmmmm. This sounds like a outstanding evening...count me in.....Doug

buzzzt - already have