SS Rings

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

Ross

SS Rings

Post by Ross »

Has anyone heard from Matt Hoppes (the guy who makes the stainless steel rings) lately?

Or... Does anyone have any similar resources to his rings?
Image Ross
The Hobbyist

Post by The Hobbyist »

Matt is slow in answering his emails but he is just as slow in sending out the statement. I think it's because he has a real job and, having his priorities straight, puts it before us glassies.

Have patience, it is well worth the wait. I have four of his rings and they are great. I even thought he was going to give them to me free since he took a month, after shipping the rings, to send me a bill.

The Hobbyist................................Jim
Jackie Beckman

Post by Jackie Beckman »

Besides his real job, Matt is also knee deep in engineering school, AND this is the big weekend when he and his dad are finishing up the new fabulous kiln Phil has been building. But I know he'll get back to you as soon as he can - and the rings are super to have, so if you can just wait a little bit longer . . .

Jackie
Stephie

Post by Stephie »

Does he have a web site?
Stephie
Stephie
Jackie Beckman

Post by Jackie Beckman »

Stephie wrote:Does he have a web site?
Stephie
No, I don't think so. But he did post in the classified section a while back - actually, I think it was Phil that posted the info. Check the "search" feature using Phil Hoppes, SS rings, etc. and you should find it.

Jackie
Jackie Beckman

Post by Jackie Beckman »

Jackie Beckman wrote:
Stephie wrote:Does he have a web site?
Stephie
No, I don't think so. But he did post in the classified section a while back - actually, I think it was Phil that posted the info. Check the "search" feature using Phil Hoppes, SS rings, etc. and you should find it.

Jackie
:-k Hmmmm . . . I just tried it myself and couldn't find the thread. Ron? Can you find it?

Jackie
Ross

Post by Ross »

Thanks for the update. I heard from him in October so I suppose turn up again soon!
Image Ross
Phil Hoppes

Post by Phil Hoppes »

The missing Matt Hoppes ....explained.

Just so you don't think he's ignoring you. Matt lost his email service with his ISP. Long story. Won't bore you with those details but he has finals coming up in Thermodynamics, Numerical Methods, Feedback and Control systems and one more core engineering class in addition to welding the monster kiln from hell for me soooooo.....email, kilns, friends, 3 huskies and his significant other in addition to the rings at the moment are taking a bit of a back seat. He still wishes to make them and actually over Xmas break should have some time to get them done. If you want, send me an email and I will forward your request on to him. He appologizes for not getting back to you.

Phil

PS - Thanks for running cover for me Jackie. Been on the road heading up north. Going to start cutting up insualtion tomorrow. Da Monster is really starting to take shape!!! :D