Speaking of grinders....

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

Dolores

Speaking of grinders....

Post by Dolores »

Does anyone have/use/own an 8" disc mini-grinder (or any other for that matter) from His glass works? Are you satisfied with its performance and the customer service there? I'm looking to upgrade from my Inland disc unit (only 5", too small to do bracelet bars without falling off the edge!). I have been following the thread on Diamond Max, but do believe that a 6" disc is still not large enough to accommodate the bracelet problem. I mainly bevel and gem cut small jewelry pieces and the like and am quickly wearing out my Inland discs in the process. Any suggestions are appreciated. I need more grinder power...power...power :twisted:

DOLORES
Brian and Jenny Blanthorn

Re: Speaking of grinders....

Post by Brian and Jenny Blanthorn »

Dolores wrote:Does anyone have/use/own an 8" disc mini-grinder (or any other for that matter) from His glass works? Are you satisfied with its performance and the customer service there? I'm looking to upgrade from my Inland disc unit (only 5", too small to do bracelet bars without falling off the edge!). I have been following the thread on Diamond Max, but do believe that a 6" disc is still not large enough to accommodate the bracelet problem. I mainly bevel and gem cut small jewelry pieces and the like and am quickly wearing out my Inland discs in the process. Any suggestions are appreciated. I need more grinder power...power...power :twisted:

DOLORES
I have not used the machine

But I can say that His coustomer service / adivce B4 n after is great

Aslo just 4 ' window shopping ' the site is nice

http://www.hisglassworks.com/index.html

Also check out the diomond refresh stuff on FAQ there

Brian
Kevin Midgley

Post by Kevin Midgley »

S.W.Enterprises had a wonderful 12 inch machine with central water feed and magnetic disks. You could use the entire surface as there was no central post. Expensive. Kevin