uk artists

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

bex

uk artists

Post by bex »

hmm so all you americans get to party on a lovely big boat??? and drink cocktails with little umbrellas and a surfeit of fruit floating in it???

too far to come from sunny england, so just a thought... is there anybody out there from the south east who would fancy getting together... could meet up and drink(naturally) and show work and that sort of thing...

id love a pint of guiness with a little umbrella in it....
love bexx
Lani McGregor

Post by Lani McGregor »

Hi Sussex Bex: By “south eastâ€
Dave Pascoe

Post by Dave Pascoe »

Hi Bex,
I live in Cornwall.It would be good to hear from other glass people in the uk.
I`ve had my kiln almost a year now.I`ve just started to get my work in some gallerys locally and things seem to be going really well.It would be interesting to compare prices etc between our different areas.
Anyway,hope to hear from you soon,dave...
Dave Pascoe

Hi Bex

Post by Dave Pascoe »

Hi Bex,
I live in Cornwall.It would be good to hear from other glass people in the uk.
I`ve had my kiln almost a year now.I`ve just started to get my work in some gallerys locally and things seem to be going really well.It would be interesting to compare prices etc between our different areas.
Anyway,hope to hear from you soon,dave...
bex

Post by bex »

hi lani,

yeah a night out in london sounds fab, or we could do lunch, daaahling,london only an hour on the train from here (if theyre running hehe) so hooray, sounds great!!1

and dave, yup, sussex girly... yeah, email me and we'll chat... my prices range from a fiver up, for a dinky likkle 2" angel, to £60 for one of my bowls... thats what they sell for in galleries, if im selling em myslef i tend to flog thebowls a bit cheaper cos the galleries arent taking 50%... whats your range?? and what sort of stuff do you do??

sittingwriringthingstogetherwithbeadsinfrontoflordoftheringsirl
bexx
Michael

Post by Michael »

Hi Bex, Michael here, I live in Ireland but visit folks in Worthing often maybe we could meet up next time I'm over.see my work on:www.westcorkcraft.org/mr/
bex

Post by bex »

hi michael, cool... worthing is only 20 minutes away (where old people go to die, as its locally known by the er, locals)

couldnt get you website to open tho...

also spoke to lisa at bohle today, she trying to get intermediate/advanced seminars together in london but needs ppl to sign up, so that might be a good place for us all to get together and learn stuff etc etc

email me!
bex
PaulS

Post by PaulS »

Anywhere accessible by pushbike is okay for me -made it to Cambridge once but couldn't sit down for a couple of days :wink:

Paul in sunny Luton
It ain't where you're from, it's where you're at!
Marty

"pushbike"

Post by Marty »

Why push? Are the tyres flat?

Wot's a pushbike?

MartyintheUSA(andnotparticularlyproudofitrightnow)
PaulS

Re: "pushbike"

Post by PaulS »

Marty wrote:Why push? Are the tyres flat?

Wot's a pushbike?

MartyintheUSA(andnotparticularlyproudofitrightnow)

It's my bicycle Marty, aka treader.

sometimes we have to push it!

Paul

PS -I would think most people in the western (developed? -ha! ha!) world share your sentiments Marty.
Colin & Helen

Post by Colin & Helen »

Paul Stevenson wrote:Anywhere accessible by pushbike is okay for me -made it to Cambridge once but couldn't sit down for a couple of days :wink:

Paul in sunny Luton
Sunny Luton ????? I was in that town twice in 1959 and 1975, in the so called summer ... and it was not sunny...

Colin in the other sometimes sunny Albany

PS ..Paul your bike is on loan over at SPAB'S PLACE....
PaulS

Post by PaulS »

Ho Colin,

It's already Tuesday where you are but I returned here (my home town) five years ago, after 24years abroad, it wasn't so sunny when I left (that's why I left!) but when I came back it seems the Belizean sunshine followed me. Modest -yes, I know.

Like you mentioned in the other thread Colin, the weather changes extremes every other day.

Looking out for you on the satellite map at http://www.intellicast.com/LocalWeather ... aliaHIRES/

Keep your head down in the hurricane mate, hope you have flour, beans and water and your roof is okay.

Paul

PS -Whilst the current reporting restrictions are in place, my movements are restricted and being monitored by a physician.
Peg

Post by Peg »

Hi - I'm based in Bristol (ie southwest England), had my kiln for about 8 months now and currently building up a series of dishes for sale in local galleries. I also make dichroic jewellery - a great way to use up the scraps!
If Bohle do a class in London I'm in.. I'll ask Lisa about it next time I call.

Peg
PaulS

Post by PaulS »

You have any pictures on the web Peg?

Bye from sunny Stockwood,

Paul
bex

Post by bex »

wow so there's quite a lot of us 'ere limeys then...

nice bike hehe, room enuff for two... you should get a pet monkey to peddle then you can sit back and relax and enjoy your thermos flask
PaulS

Post by PaulS »

bex wrote:wow so there's quite a lot of us 'ere limeys then...

nice bike hehe, room enuff for two... you should get a pet monkey to peddle then you can sit back and relax and enjoy your thermos flask
Yeah, it's a Brahma!

Don't forget the cheese and tomatoe sandwiches! :D

Paul
bex

Post by bex »

cheese and tomato??? nah, salad cream and marmite and fried onion, ooh scrummy....

dont get the onion caught in your front fork :O)
Brian and Jenny Blanthorn

Post by Brian and Jenny Blanthorn »

Paul Stevenson wrote:Ho Colin,

It's already Tuesday where you are but I returned here (my home town) five years ago, after 24years abroad, it wasn't so sunny when I left (that's why I left!) but when I came back it seems the Belizean sunshine followed me. Modest -yes, I know.

Like you mentioned in the other thread Colin, the weather changes extremes every other day.

Looking out for you on the satellite map at http://www.intellicast.com/LocalWeather ... aliaHIRES/

Keep your head down in the hurricane mate, hope you have flour, beans and water and your roof is okay.

Paul

PS -Whilst the current reporting restrictions are in place, my movements are restricted and being monitored by a physician.
Due 2 the current restrictions

I also cannot give out my location or future plans
Peg

Post by Peg »

Paul Stevenson wrote:You have any pictures on the web Peg?

Paul
Fraid not - I'm still a bit of a Luddite. Hoping to get a digital camera soon, so watch this space. Or a space nearby.