a visit to harbor freight

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

Ann Demko

a visit to harbor freight

Post by Ann Demko »

Found out there was a Harbor Freight 40 miles away so I paid it a visit. I love walking through a real live catalog. I found two items that may be helpful. I am making SIMPLE stands these days, saving the intricate ones for Dick Kolpack. I found a powder coating system. Does it work? I really thought it would be more complicated than it appears to be. Also a ring rounder thingy. It looks like it will bend a rod that is no larger than 1/4 inch but it will bend a flat blank up to an inch wide, way more than I would ever need.(famous last words) Has anyone used either of this and have they proven to be of value? Thanks Ann
hoknok

Post by hoknok »

Well Ann, I am a Harbor Freight fan and love the store I am close to. I have not purchased the items you mentioned but plenty of others. My recent purchase is an 8 inching wet grinding wheel and 6 inch wheel I will use for my steel brush. It was on sale for about $35 dollars.

Just know these tools are not ment for long heavy use. They will break down sooner than the brand names ones designed for glass. But for now, budgets are tight and it gets the job done.

I also baught my diamond drill bits for the Dremel, (about 24 bits for $18) and diamond circ. saw blades. I buy my welding and sheet metal tools also and plan to buy the air compressor and glass window -blasting cabs as well.

Mike
Clifford Ross

Post by Clifford Ross »

Ann- the powder paint system is the real deal and works very well. The ring bender will help get nice rounds of anything small enough to bend. Both items are well worth the money. Happy shopping!!! 8)