sno industries?

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

lauren

sno industries?

Post by lauren »

there's a kiln i can get that's made by sno industries....i can't find any info anywhere on the company. i know it's a ceramic kiln, it's a bit on the old side...no pyrometer or controller but i can take care of those. i'm basically just looking for the reassurance that sno industries didn't go out of business because their kilns were burning houses down. it's a model c4, 110 volts 13 amps, hexagon that's 11" wide and 11" high inside. thanks for any info
Carol

Re: sno industries?

Post by Carol »

lauren wrote:there's a kiln i can get that's made by sno industries....i can't find any info anywhere on the company. i know it's a ceramic kiln, it's a bit on the old side...no pyrometer or controller but i can take care of those. i'm basically just looking for the reassurance that sno industries didn't go out of business because their kilns were burning houses down. it's a model c4, 110 volts 13 amps, hexagon that's 11" wide and 11" high inside. thanks for any info
Hi Lauren

I have an old Sno kiln myself. It's larger than yours, takes 23 amps 220V and takes 15.5 inch shelves. I bought it over 2 years ago. It was my first kiln....a real workhorse and has given no problem in over 100 firings. I did have to replace one of the element rheostats last fall...it was easy to do, just using an ordinary stove rheostat. I tried finding info too but I suspect they went out of business long before the Internet.

It came with an owner's manual...graphics look like they're from the 60s and the address is listed as Mt. Ephraim, NJ. Maybe somebody on the board from NJ knows more...

Carol