parlate italiano

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

Paul Tarlow

parlate italiano

Post by Paul Tarlow »

I'm trying to name a series of work. I like the sound of the following name -- and I think it translates appropriately -- but would appreciate it if someone who speaks Italian can tell me how they would translate this back to English:

tabelle della stella

thanks,
Paul
jerry flanary

Post by jerry flanary »

I am not a fluent speaker but I would translate it as starchart but I wonder what a real italian would say. Would it be tabelle delle stelle (which would be more fun to say)? Or do they have a whole 'nuther word. Do you mean it to relate to astrology or astronomy because there might be a difference about that too...
j.

A lack of doubt doesn't lend certainty.
Paul Tarlow

Post by Paul Tarlow »

jerry flanary wrote:I am not a fluent speaker but I would translate it as starchart but I wonder what a real italian would say. Would it be tabelle delle stelle (which would be more fun to say)? Or do they have a whole 'nuther word. Do you mean it to relate to astrology or astronomy because there might be a difference about that too...
Actually - startchart is exactly what I'm hoping it means...

Thanks
Rebecca M.

Post by Rebecca M. »

This is a translation site. When I put in the Italian to English I got table of the star. Turned around to star chart it came out to exactly what you wrote. I only know 2 Italian phrases, and they are the kind that can get a person in big trouble.

http://translation.langenberg.com/
Paul Tarlow

Post by Paul Tarlow »

Thanks all. Karen (my much, much, much better half) put the italian phrase into google - and we got all kinds of astronomical stuff -- so its close enough :)

For the curious -- here's the work that is inspiring the name...

- Paul
Brock

Post by Brock »

Very nice Paul.

Star Chart could also be written Stella Carta, but certainly doesn't have the alliteration of tabelle delle stelle.

Brock
My memory is so good, I can't remember the last time I forgot something . . .