source for acrylic French cleats?

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

KarunaS

source for acrylic French cleats?

Post by KarunaS »

Does anybody know of a source to buy acrylic French cleats?
I saw in the archives that Barbara Muth used to sell them at one point but I have not been able to get a hold of her.
Thank you.
Laurie Spray

Re: source for acrylic French cleats?

Post by Laurie Spray »

I go to tap plastics.....go thru their scrap box and cut them up. I end up with a box that can last a long time for around $20.
Laurie Spray

New website!! Http://bonnydoonfusedglasstools.com
Maker of stainless steel rings,pattern bar formers, pot melt pots, and Bottomless Molds
glass: http://lauriespray.blogspot.com
Cheryl

Post by Cheryl »

Barbara special ordered those as a one-time thing. i haven't found another commercial source for acrylic cleats. they're easy to make as long as you find someone who can cut plexi.
"Every artist was first an amateur."

--Ralph Waldo Emerson
Faye Malench

Post by Faye Malench »

Karuna, if you don't need many, I have about a dozen left over from the original order by Barbara. Contact me if you need them urgently.
KarunaS

Post by KarunaS »

Faye Malench wrote:Karuna, if you don't need many, I have about a dozen left over from the original order by Barbara. Contact me if you need them urgently.
Thank you for the offer, Faye. Much appreciated, but I do need a larger amount.
TAP Plastic does custom cutting and will give me a quote on Monday. If that comes in too high, one can order pretty much any size acrylic blocks directly from their website and I can then just cut them with the 45 degree angle.
I got a quote from the one and only plastic place here on island starting at $8.50 (!!!) for the smallest 1" wide cleat.