Looking for Bullseye Millefiori

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

Richard Sinning

Looking for Bullseye Millefiori

Post by Richard Sinning »

I have been in stained glass for years and have just been given Thomas Edisons very first electric kiln :lol: so I have started experimenting. I like the looks of millefiori but can't seem to find any in 90 or 96. Does anyone know of a source. This board is great and has helped in the experimenting.
Richard
Cynthia

Post by Cynthia »

Mille is typically 104 coe. I haven't seen any that is compatible with Uro or BE or Spectrum...

Fusion HQ used to sell slices of cane that was 90 coe...don't know if that is still the case or not.
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

The sponsor listed above ( A&A Products ) has some small slices
in a bag ( 1oz.) I saw the Millifiori on thier web site today, but I
cant find it right this moment. You might call them.
BZody
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

My mistake, A & A Products has Milifiori but its 104 COE.....
Cheryl

Gillifiori

Post by Cheryl »

Gil Reynolds sells 90 COE "Gilli"fiore, but in my opinion, it's ugly. You can make your own, and Uroboros and Bullseye both sell a mold, but (again in my opinion) this is an unanswered market request.

BTW, Gil's site is Fusion Headquarters/HGH, link on this site.
Wallace Venable

Post by Wallace Venable »

Now you see why some of us buy torches and glory holes as well as kilns. Its not hard to make in SMALL quantities. Rudy Fritc teaught in in the kiln class I took with him, or you can take Loren Stump's flameworking class and REALLY learn ablut detailed cane.
Wally Venable, Student of glass
daffodildeb

Post by daffodildeb »

I'm not sure--someone will correct me on this--but I think millefiore is almost by definition 104. It is a technique developed in Venice where all the Murano glass is made. And that is 104, because it is the COE of the Moretti family.

You'll have to make your own!
Deb
kazindc

millifiore

Post by kazindc »

I ordered some from Vickrey Glass a while back it was 90COE.. just tried to look at their website but couldn't open it.... try it later.
karen teemer
their phone number is 850.433.8494
Tim Swann

Post by Tim Swann »

When I need millefiori to fuse with BE I make my own. It is not hard to make, but it can be time consuming if the cane is very detailed.

Tim
Richard Sinning

Post by Richard Sinning »

karen

I ordered some from Vickrey Glass a while back it was 90COE.. just tried to look at their website but couldn't open it.... try it later.
karen teemer
their phone number is 850.433.8494

I tried that number and it certainly wasn't Vickrey Glass :? and yes there web sit is shot.

Richard
Richard