Tile saw question

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

twin vision glass

Re: Tile saw question

Post by twin vision glass »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Give out Free Hugs!
Jane Morgan

Post by Jane Morgan »

Perfect! =D>
Jane Morgan
KaCe

Post by KaCe »

I'm too used to FB. I wanted to hit like after Bob's post. Good discussion and timely for me. Thanks for all the info on blades, Les.

KaCe
Jane Morgan

Post by Jane Morgan »

160294 MK-333JB 10" PORCELAIN DIAMOND BLADE
Here is one of my favorite blades . I saw alot of colour bars and even go 3 inch to 4 inch thick and this is the machine to get the job done
This one tooo is one of my favs.

6073 Dewalt DW4764 10" XP4 Porcelain Diamond Blade 1 $58.95 $58.95

Would you recommend the MK-333JB over the MK-215GL (if you've tried the 215gl)?
thanks,
Jane
Jane Morgan
JestersBaubles

Post by JestersBaubles »

Caco wrote:Thanks! My budget is going towards a larger kiln so wasn't looking for a huge saw cost. But cutting is getting very old on my swap top!
Cutting is d@amn-near impossible on the swap top, even with a decent blade. My next tool purchase is a tile saw, so I'm paying attention :). I had been looking at the MK370exp (but it's a smaller blade than the one discussed above for similar price). I want a saw where the platform on which the glass sits slides into the blade while the glass is stationary, rather than sliding the glass into the blade while the platform is stationary (if that makes sense). Seems like that results in more accurate cuts and less fatigue.

Dana
Jane Morgan

Post by Jane Morgan »

You might want to look at the saw I purchased (the QEP mentioned earlier in this thread). I'm very happy with it.
Jane
Jane Morgan
Jolinda

Post by Jolinda »

Dana, In response to your question about the MK 370 EXP tile saw...be sure to order the one with the metal table. This is only
offered on the EXP or I would order one as a replacement table for my 370. Both my husband and I have a 370 and BOTH have now
warped so much in the middle of the table (sags) that it breaks pattern bars every time and hubby says his breaks tile in the same way.
I called customer support but sadly got the "we sell 3,000 of these every day...blah, blah blah" but as both our saw have the very same
problem (and both are well cared for) I would go with the metal table right from the start. Hope this is helpful...I remember you being helpful to be elsewhere! thanks!
"Windows listen for the announcement of broken glass" ... Anonymous
Jolinda
JestersBaubles

Post by JestersBaubles »

Jolinda wrote:Dana, In response to your question about the MK 370 EXP tile saw...be sure to order the one with the metal table. This is only
offered on the EXP or I would order one as a replacement table for my 370. Both my husband and I have a 370 and BOTH have now
warped so much in the middle of the table (sags) that it breaks pattern bars every time and hubby says his breaks tile in the same way.
I called customer support but sadly got the "we sell 3,000 of these every day...blah, blah blah" but as both our saw have the very same
problem (and both are well cared for) I would go with the metal table right from the start. Hope this is helpful...I remember you being helpful to be elsewhere! thanks!
Thanks for the heads up. I was looking at the exp but had not looked close enough to realize that was one of the differences between the 370 and 370exp.

Dana W.