Internet source for 4lb jars of uruborus frit

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

Jenna

Internet source for 4lb jars of uruborus frit

Post by Jenna »

Hi All,
Does anyone have a good Internet source for uruborus frit in 4 lb jars? I have done countless Google searches and have found some places that will special order but none that stock. 'Special order' can mean 8 weeks. Needless to say, sometimes It's hard to wait that long. I live in the great glass desert of Vermont and have nowhere to buy frit locally.
Replies much appreciated.
Cheers, Jen.
Laurie Spray

Re: Internet source for 4lb jars of uruborus frit

Post by Laurie Spray »

I would call Uro and ask them who they suggest that carries the supplies you need whether wholesale or retail.
Laurie Spray

New website!! Http://bonnydoonfusedglasstools.com
Maker of stainless steel rings,pattern bar formers, pot melt pots, and Bottomless Molds
glass: http://lauriespray.blogspot.com
Yardic Glassworks

Post by Yardic Glassworks »

The Uroboros website has a list of distributors, but you can also buy direct from Uroboros if nothing else works.
Tim Yardic
Yardic Glassworks
JestersBaubles

Post by JestersBaubles »

Jenna wrote:Hi All,
Does anyone have a good Internet source for uruborus frit in 4 lb jars? I have done countless Google searches and have found some places that will special order but none that stock. 'Special order' can mean 8 weeks. Needless to say, sometimes It's hard to wait that long. I live in the great glass desert of Vermont and have nowhere to buy frit locally.
Replies much appreciated.
Cheers, Jen.
D&L out of Denver, but you must have a wholesale account.

Dana W.
S.TImmerman

Post by S.TImmerman »

It would be very easy to get a Wholesale account if you're buying that much frit, it was 250.00 when I applied.
oatkaglass

Post by oatkaglass »

We can order Uroboros 4lb jars for you through Oatka School of Glass without having a wholesale account with us. Call me at 585-300-7606 if you have any questions.

Amanda Taylor