Help reusing fully fused piece

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

Drewcilla

Help reusing fully fused piece

Post by Drewcilla »

I screen printed a 3.5 x 3 piece meant to be a night light. It looks fine except the design isn't balanced. Because it's a roadrunner there's no way to cut it down to balance it without losing the tail. I have no idea why I didn't notice this before the last fuse. I just don't like it but imagine that I could use it as part of another, larger piece--e.g., a small plate. Originally, it was 3 mm clear fused ink side down over a 2 mm Bullseye base.

I would really appreciate to know if there's a way to salvage this? Many thanks,

Drewcilla
lorimendenhall

Re: Help reusing fully fused piece

Post by lorimendenhall »

I have not done this yet but I think it's fine to incorporate it into a new piece and full fuse again.
Laurie Spray

Post by Laurie Spray »

I throw things like that in a box until I am ready to do a pot melt or a pattern bar!
Laurie Spray

New website!! Http://bonnydoonfusedglasstools.com
Maker of stainless steel rings,pattern bar formers, pot melt pots, and Bottomless Molds
glass: http://lauriespray.blogspot.com
desjo

Post by desjo »

Laurie Spray wrote:I throw things like that in a box until I am ready to do a pot melt or a pattern bar!
I'm with Laurie. That's what I do with my "Hall of Shame" items and it makes for some interesting results.