Candle Cups?

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

Julie Wiedemeier

Candle Cups?

Post by Julie Wiedemeier »

Anyone know where I can purchase the Candle Cups by Top Tools that were mentioned on page 69 of Glass Patterns Quarterly - Summer 2013?
Lynn Perry

Re: Candle Cups?

Post by Lynn Perry »

Lynn Perry
Julie Wiedemeier

Thanks, but I thought Ed Hoy only sold wholesale?
Hmm... maybe it's time to apply for a tax id number, I've been teetering, wondering if it's worth the effort to move from 'hobby only' to doing some craft shows and calling it a "business".

My three kidos are really getting into glass, 15 year old loves doing recycled glass projects, 13 year has his own torch now and only wants to work with 'boro' :roll: and the 11 year old is really into sandblasting... I'm just really concerned about how it will effect our taxes. Being able to buy wholesale would be a big plus...
Barry Gitelson

Post by Barry Gitelson »

Delphi Glass has them at a retail price. Item# 639122
Barry Gitelson
Kona, HI

"Some dance to remember, some dance to forget" Hotel California - The Eagles

"Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." Author: Leo Buscaglia
Lynn Perry

Post by Lynn Perry »

Hi, Julie. You might be able to make your own candleholders. It would probably not be that difficult to make some from copper tubing or you could make some like mini pocket vases. I noticed the suggested method of mounting the holders to the glass was with E6000. I would probably not use a clear glass, because the glue will show. Good luck.
Lynn Perry
Julie Wiedemeier

Thank you! I'll keep in mind to avoid using clear with these. Not sure how I missed them at Delphi - thank you for the item number.

-juliew
andy o

Post by andy o »

Hi,

I haven't seen the magazine, but for candle cups, have you tried Weiss?

http://www.weissjudaica.com/system/scri ... tegory=824

Andrew