Is there a Uroboros color...

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

AmySkewed

Is there a Uroboros color...

Post by AmySkewed »

that is comparable to Bullseye Lacy White or Transparent white? They are not totally opal, held to the light after fusing they let a little light through. However the dimensions (and cost) of Uroboros glass is a little more conducive to my current project.
Morganica

Re: Is there a Uroboros color...

Post by Morganica »

In which type of glass?

Uroboros' website shows the available colors, and if you're not sure you can head over to Facebook and ask on their page. They'll probably give you the best answer.

You can also get a very controlled translucent effect by sifting a thin layer of white on clear and fusing it flat. If you mix white (or any pale neutral, actually) with clear powder you can open it up even more.
Cynthia Morgan
Marketeer, Webbist, Glassist
http://www.morganica.com/bloggery
http://www.cynthiamorgan.com

"I wrote, therefore I was." (me)
AmySkewed

Post by AmySkewed »

Thanks, I thought about using frit but I like the even consistency of the sheet. Basically this is the back for a piece that is framed for the wall. It needs to let a glow come through if hung in a window but block wall color if hung on a colored wall.

I am using COE 90 - typically double roll
AmySkewed

Post by AmySkewed »

Good suggestion - I messaged them via their FB page. They agree that they do not have a comparable white. The good news is that my supplier had just enough sheets of Bullseye for me to do what I need.