What you cannot live without...

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

KaCe

Re: What you cannot live without...

Post by KaCe »

It's not that I can't live "without it", but I "wish I had it"… surveillance or security for my studio. It has been broken into twice in the few years since I've built it. I get angry just thinking of the $#%&#$ thieves who took my tools, gold, glass, etc. It is now much more secure. So many people are no longer honest and trustworthy. I've had to replace supplies twice and I had a client's antique glass stolen that I was matching for him. (Can't be replaced.) It sucks when it happens. Until then you don't think about it.

At the least, good locks.
Haydo

Post by Haydo »

After last night somebody could ram into my studio, cook breakfast, draw funny faces on us. glad wrap our toilet but am content that even though we have bogans, they aren't that creative yet. Basically my studio is open house and I will have the wrath of all the gods when this arrangement needs to change. Maybe having it look like Wolf Creek quarry workshop works. peace, haydo
Life is like a raft, so be like a rat!...Challenging being a captain type rat though, going down with each ship and all!!
Buttercup

Post by Buttercup »

Hi Haydo,

Did Dylan do your studio or house any serious damage? From what we hear it was not as severe as expected but still did some damage up north.
Hope your clean up is minimal. Jen
Haydo

Post by Haydo »

No, mainly severe beach erosion. My big silky oak snapped at the base and came down missing a car, just flattening a fence and a lemon lemon tree. Didn't hear a thing.
peace, haydo
Life is like a raft, so be like a rat!...Challenging being a captain type rat though, going down with each ship and all!!