Sconce fixtures?

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

Mitch Hill

Sconce fixtures?

Post by Mitch Hill »

Are there any options for sconce fixtures besides the ones that Bullseye offers at a very premium price? I have a project for about 7.
charlie

Re: Sconce fixtures?

Post by charlie »

go to a lighting store and find one with a glass shape you can reproduce or make a mold for, and simply replace the glass with your art glass.
Laurie Spray

Post by Laurie Spray »

We made sconce hardware for years that fit the Bullseye mold. Athough I no longer have time to do the wiring I can make you the stainless steel. Email me if interested. Bkpottery@aol.com
Laurie Spray

New website!! Http://bonnydoonfusedglasstools.com
Maker of stainless steel rings,pattern bar formers, pot melt pots, and Bottomless Molds
glass: http://lauriespray.blogspot.com
Valerie Adams

Post by Valerie Adams »

Laurie, what's the minimum quantity you'll do?
Laurie Spray

Post by Laurie Spray »

i am doing an open studio at the moment so I will get to this pricing laster but we will do a minimum of 12.......the steel. you wire. i am just too busy to wire any more.
Laurie Spray

Maker of stainless steel rings,pattern bar formers, pot melt pots, and Bottomless Molds
linn keller

Post by linn keller »

hi!
this might be a solution that would work for you....
IKEA has a wall light fixture, KVINTETT, that costs 19.99. it comes with a piece of glass, BUT the bullseye sconce mold sized glass will fit quite nicely. you will need to drill a couple of holes in the glass, but everything you need is there, i.e. base, lamp base and cord, screws with finishing ends.
it seems that ikea will not mail lighting fixtures, because of differing state lighting requirements (that's what they told me), but you can go to their store and get 7 or however many you'd like, and the LED bulbs.
they also have a couple of flat wall lamp fixtures that you can use with your own glass panels (2 sizes) but someone at the store told me they are not going to be restocked (discontinued) at the end of this year.
happy ikea-hacking : )
linn
p.s. imo, using this or any product with materials not part of the purchase from the company, removes any company responsibility.
linn in deep deep south texas
Laurie Spray

Post by Laurie Spray »

I am not a fan of a cheap Ikea sconce fixture for nice glass. Please email me directly ifnyou are interested in sconce hardware and we will put
you on our notification list.
Laurie Spray