Frances Stewart Higgins 1912 - 2004

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

Higgins Glass

Frances Stewart Higgins 1912 - 2004

Post by Higgins Glass »

I am sorry to inform you that noted glass artist Frances Higgins died 2-12-04 at her Home/Studio in Riverside , IL. This Pioneer of fusing will be missed deeply.
Please read more at our website http://www.higginsglass.com .

Thank You, from everyone at the Higgins Glass Studio.
Pat Zmuda

Post by Pat Zmuda »

Jon:

Please accept my sympathy on the passing of Frances and once again a thank you for making it possible for our group to meet her--I think it has been over a year ago now. It was an honor and a privilege to talk with Frances and I am so glad we were able to do so. The fused glass movement will feel the void.

Regards,

Pat Zmuda
Brock

Post by Brock »

My sympathies to the family. Michael and Frances were pioneers in the fusing movement and have inspired countless people to practice this art form.

Brock
Avery Anderson

Post by Avery Anderson »

My deepest sympathy Jon, to you and your family. Frances and Michael were inspirations to many of us. I was honored to have met Frances and visit the studio. She will be missed.

Avery
Amy Schleif-Mohr

Post by Amy Schleif-Mohr »

My condolences as well. It was an honor to meet Frances and see her wonderful creations.

She will be missed.

Amy