glass extruder?

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

carol nahoom

glass extruder?

Post by carol nahoom »

I saw a fused piece in Petra Kaiser's book (the clock) that had the look of glass drizzled across the surface. It was achieved by a glass extruder. What is that and what was used to achieved that effect?

Thanks
Carol
Ron Coleman

Re: glass extruder?

Post by Ron Coleman »

carol nahoom wrote:I saw a fused piece in Petra Kaiser's book (the clock) that had the look of glass drizzled across the surface. It was achieved by a glass extruder. What is that and what was used to achieved that effect?

Thanks
Carol
For the ultimate in drizzled glass see the attached link to the "vitrigraph kiln". Go to the bottom of the page under the "TechKnow" secction for all the details. Lots of other interesting stuff there too.

http://www.bullseyeconnection.com/getsmart/index.html

Ron
carol nahoom

re: glass extruder?

Post by carol nahoom »

Thanks for the great information!
GGWLtd

Post by GGWLtd »

I recently put together a vitragraph kiln. Using my scrap bullseye. With a few attempts I have been able to master the flow and make varing thicknesses of bent solid color canes. If fused properly they make awesome effects. You can also bend them on a benzomatic torch or bench burner. Well worth the the $$$.
Galvin Glass Works Ltd.
Designs By: Andrew Galvin