Silhouette Cutter

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

jim burchett

Silhouette Cutter

Post by jim burchett »

Just got a Silhouette cutting system and was wondering if anyone has used this to cut Silver Foil? I was thinking of placing it between a folded sheet of paper.Thought i would ask before wasting any foil
"No, you cant scare Me, I'm sticking to the UNION. I'm stickin to the UNION till the day I die" Woody Guthrie
Valerie Adams

Re: Silhouette Cutter

Post by Valerie Adams »

Hi Jim,
I just bought the Silhouette Cameo (great bundle price from Costco) because I saw on a FB group that someone had cut thin copper foil by attaching the foil to the cutting mat (which is sticky) and then taping a piece of paper over the copper. I haven't tried it yet but it's on my to-do list.
Cheryl

Post by Cheryl »

I bought a silhouette (last year?) to cut fiber paper. I tried 1/8 and it was a mess, so it's on my list to try 1/16. Give me a holler if either of y'all have done this and succeeded!
"Every artist was first an amateur."

--Ralph Waldo Emerson
jim burchett

Post by jim burchett »

Used it for thinfire
, worked great for that
"No, you cant scare Me, I'm sticking to the UNION. I'm stickin to the UNION till the day I die" Woody Guthrie
Valerie Adams

Post by Valerie Adams »

I plan on trying it with fiber at some point. Saved this pic of someone else's attempt:
10421576_693978447367508_5281889717055512395_n.jpg