fuseworks microwave kiln decals

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

Jo-AnneMaire

fuseworks microwave kiln decals

Post by Jo-AnneMaire »

Does anyone have experience with the Fuseworks decals for microwave kilns? I don't have a microwave kiln but I was given these decals last Christmas. Does anyone know whether they will fire properly in a normal glass kiln? If so, should I use a high fire or low fire program? I only have a few so I don't want to do too many tests (call me lazy but I thought I would go to the experts first). Thanks in advance for your help.
rosanna gusler

Re: fuseworks microwave kiln decals

Post by rosanna gusler »

Add Colorful Images to Glass
For the price of paper stickers, you can add permanent, colorful detail to your fused designs. Use expressive high-fire decals to make incredible glass art. It's easy! Simply remove decal from backing, apply to the glass and fire to permanently fuse designs onto glass surface. Fuse Art Decals cannot be torn, scuffed, wrinkled or soaked off the glass surface once fired. Lead-free. Decal sheet measures 2-3/8" x 7".

High fire decals cure between 1350° - 1445° F........ i would think that heat is heat and fire to whatever amount of heatwork i needed for whatever i was making. r.
artist, owner of wanchese art studio, marine finisher
Jo-AnneMaire

Post by Jo-AnneMaire »

Thanks Rosanna. So, can I assume the Fuseworks decals are high fire decals (as opposed to low fire decals)?
rosanna gusler

Post by rosanna gusler »

I would think so. Make one of whatever and see. R.
artist, owner of wanchese art studio, marine finisher