FLORIDA ANYONE?

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

GatorGirl

Post by GatorGirl »

Thanks Becca & Daffodildeb! It is amazing that you two find sharks teeth along the beaches! I used to hang out at the beach and have never had the fortune of finding sharks teeth...sand dollars yes. (Mind you that was in my youth which was quite a while ago). Thanks for the heads up with Glass Crafters. If I recall correctly Glassaddict had posted
that there was a $1,000.00 min. order anyway. If I end up going it will be to browse...that will be all. Venice sounds gorgeous! I might have to look that place up.

Kim

[/img]
GatorGirl

Post by GatorGirl »

Oops...I stand corrected. I had Glass Crafters and Glass ? Warehouse mixed up! (The minimum order being $1,000.00 was NOT Glass Crafters).

Kim
daffodildeb

Post by daffodildeb »

Correct. Glasscraft doesn't have that minimum. It's a retail store, but advertises extensively. I think I did get a discount on my order because it was over some minimum, but I can't remember for sure because some brain cells have died since then, and I'm too tired to look up the invoice.

As for the sharks teeth, if you go to the park/beach I referred to, which has restrooms and showers, you'll easily find the teeth. I've generally found one every couple of minutes or so. Again, check with the tourist office right at the bridge when you come into town. They'll give you a map and a sample baggie of teeth (at least they did a few years ago). Also suggestions on how to find them. It's big business in Venice and lots of people have made special sieves to collect them, although that's not necessary.
Deb
GatorGirl

Post by GatorGirl »

Thanks again Daffodildeb. Will check it out.

Kim