Glass seperator an Colour DeVerre molds

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

CCVICKERS

Glass seperator an Colour DeVerre molds

Post by CCVICKERS »

Hello all,

I have some molds that have had way too much kiln wash applied. Can these be washed under a faucet, or is it better to fire and brush the kiln wash off. These are very nice Colour DeVerre molds and I do not want to ruin the detail.

Also, I have another Colour DeVerre mold that I've applied MR-97 to. It is the dragonfly mold. When I sift powder for the veins I used a small soft paint brush to move the powder into the veins. When I do this the MR-97 gets mixed with the powder and pushes into the veins as well. Is this an indication that I have too much MR-97 on the mold. I've followed the directions on the can. After applying the MR-97, could I "mop" the surface with a soft bristle paint brush to get out any excess or loose dust with out the risk of the glass sticking? I've only used this mold a few times and would hate to ruin it with experimentation.

Thank you!
Carla
Valerie Adams

Re: Glass seperator an Colour DeVerre molds

Post by Valerie Adams »

I'd send your questions directly to the manufacturer. They're very helpful and responsive.
jim simmons

Re: Glass seperator an Colour DeVerre molds

Post by jim simmons »

Follow their directions on "Priming your mold with ZYP. The mr97 brand has been discontinued, but the ZYP brand is exactly the same product.
Jim