Full Sheet of Dichro

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

smallbitz

Full Sheet of Dichro

Post by smallbitz »

Hello to All,

I have a commission for a sink that calls for an entire sheet of 98 dichro. All the full sheets of dichro that I see have flat sides that are only 17" across. I KNOW that round sheets exist, as I have seen them in tutorials, etc. I need an 18 - 18 1/2" circle so the flat sides just won't work.

Any suggestions where I can get full sheets that are really a circle?

Thanks!
Brad Walker
Site Admin

Re: Full Sheet of Dichro

Post by Brad Walker »

I assume you mean either 90 or 96, not 98, which would be really hard to find.

CBS Dichroic makes 19" rounds that come in two different varieties: either with two flat sides (aprox 16 to 17" apart) or a full 19" round (no flat sides). You have to ask the seller to find out which one they have.

I don't know the specs for the Dichro Magic full sheets.
smallbitz

Post by smallbitz »

Oops, I meant 96. Typo. I called CBS a few days ago and was told that all the sheets they sold had the flat sides. Either I was given the wrong info from them, or they misunderstood my question. I'll call again. Thanks
Brad Walker
Site Admin

Post by Brad Walker »

smallbitz wrote:Oops, I meant 96. Typo. I called CBS a few days ago and was told that all the sheets they sold had the flat sides. Either I was given the wrong info from them, or they misunderstood my question. I'll call again. Thanks
I guess they'd know. But their website says they have both flat and not flat sides: http://cbs-dichroic.com/faq.asp
smallbitz

Post by smallbitz »

I contacted Lisa Vogt as I know that she uses completely round dichro in her her sinks. She told me she uses CBS dichro, and suggested I give them another call. I did, and they were very accommodating. Perhaps when I called CBS the first time, someone was just having a bad day...no worries! I have my 3 lovely rounds on the way!