Help finding mold

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

peterbr

Help finding mold

Post by peterbr »

I need the help of the best glass board on the planet. I was taking some glass off of the mold and the mold slipped and fell on the shelf and broke. I have looked everywhere on the Internet for a replacement and have come up empty. The mold is 5 x 12 and has three segments.
image.jpg
image.jpg
Does anyone know who sells this mold or does anyone have one for sale. It is my best selling item and am really panicking!! Thanks in advance for your help.
Indigo S

Re: Help finding mold

Post by Indigo S »

Hi,

I bought out someone's studio and I have several of these molds. When it is not dark and rainy, I will check the studio and let you know. How many do you want and where are you?
De Anza Art Glass Club

Post by De Anza Art Glass Club »

How about this:

http://www.dragonglassmolds.com/SQUARE% ... LDS/13.htm

Unfortunately, it appears to be out of stock for online ordering, but maybe you can find a distributor.

Edit 1 to add information from Dragon Glass South Africa website:

So, the above information is for Dragon Glass USA. The molds are designed in South Africa and the packages I have received from Dragon Glass USA appear to have come from China.

The Dragon Glass South Africa site has a list of distributors

http://www.dragonglass.cc/hosting/drago ... liers.html

including ABR Imagery (Bloomington, Indiana), Art Glass House (Coca Beach, Florida), Cline Glass (Portland, Oregon), D&L Glass (Boulder, Colorado), Ed Hoy's International (Warrenville, Illinois), J. Ring Stained Glass Studio (St. Paul, Minnesota), and Thompson Enamels (Bellevue, Kentucky)

Edit 2 to add information from another place on the Dragon Glass USA website:

The US site also has a list of distributors which adds Northwest Art Glass (Redmond, Washington), and clarifies that ABR Imagery and Thompson Enamels are distributors for videos and not molds.

http://www.dragonglassmolds.com/DISTRIBUTORS.htm

It also lists C & R Loo, which apparently has closed this year. It is probably just a coincidence that the name Oliver Loo is associated with both C & R Loo (Richmond, California) and Dragon Glass (Shingle Springs, California - I think, or somewhere nearby). The C & R Loo site is gone, though, and the Dragon Glass site is still active.

Northwest Art Glass - doesn't seem to carry this
Ed Hoy's - doesn't seem to carry this
Art Glass House - can't find current website, I think a new site was under construction earlier this year, but calling owner directly is possible http://rociobearer.com/about.html
Cline Glass - can't find website
D & L Glass - doesn't seem to carry this. Lists Dragon Glass as a supplier, but only has 4 mold styles
J. Ring - search for Dragon Glass has no results, also closed as of 1 December 2016
peterbr

Post by peterbr »

thank you so much. Indigo that would be awesome. i would take two if you have them. Let me know when it stops raining!!
thanks to De Aza too.
peterbr

Post by peterbr »

Indigo, I am in Illinois
Indigo S

Post by Indigo S »

Hi,

I private messaged you. Please let me know if you got it.

I
peterbr

Post by peterbr »

indigo,

i im you back. Let me know if you get it.

thanks,

peter
Indigo S

Post by Indigo S »

no private message

warmglassflow.com
Kevin Midgley

Post by Kevin Midgley »

There is always the option of getting some 'devils putty' from a fireplace shop and using it to fix the mold as in glue it back together.
You could also use some sodium silicate, water glass to glue it back together.
Kiln wash well.
Might have to support it inside the kiln but perhaps better than tossing it.
Or make your own mold.