what caused this?

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

bkrgrl@aol.com

what caused this?

Post by bkrgrl@aol.com »

Fused my first jewelry pieces and got some kind of white marks on the black pendant with dichro-used BE clear as a top piece and got these white specks-not bubbles. What happened> the other pieces had the clear under the black and they were fine. Did I fuse too slowly. I have a new kiln, a Skutt Hotshot, and it is completely automated. Punch in what you want and it does the rest-wonder, should I fuse small pieces at a fast ramp-thanks Gayle-
bkrgrl@aol.com

Post by bkrgrl@aol.com »

can't get the url to post-help!http://community.webshots.com/user/bkrgrl3
Alecia Helton

Post by Alecia Helton »

It looks like it could be contamination. Did you wash both pieces of glass before you fired?

Alecia
Alecia Helton
Wear Original Wonders!
Carrollton TX
Lynne Chappell

Post by Lynne Chappell »

It's a little hard to see in the picture. Are they on the surface or in between? If on the surface, are they rough or smooth? Could be from glue, but they look too white for that. Any chance that some primer dust or bits from the kiln lid got on the glass?
bkrgrl@aol.com

Post by bkrgrl@aol.com »

I think,too it must be some kind of kiln dust or dirt-think I may vacuum the kiln! thanks