Terrible luck ordering shelves

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

Ed Cantarella

Re: Terrible luck ordering shelves

Post by Ed Cantarella »

Kevin Midgley wrote:You should have built your kilns to fit the shelves....
:lol:
Yeah, nobody uses 13" rounds and 15" squares - other than Paragon, Olympics, Skutt, Jen-Ken and a bunch of other weirdos. :roll: Those kids have been a bad influence on me. :oops:

Peace
HER last words were, "I'm melting, melting . . . " Dissenting opinions generally welcome for comic relief or personal edification. Sometimes both.
Terry Gallentine

Re: Terrible luck ordering shelves

Post by Terry Gallentine »

I just picked up a group of 16"x16"x1" Corelite shelves this morning. I got the Corelite because Laguna Clay evidently didn't have any 5/8" cordierite shelves in stock and didn't know when they would be made. Laguna Clay purchased Thorley several years ago according to my supplier. I even had problems getting enough of the Corelite shelves in the size that I needed. My supplier ended up cutting up a damaged 18"x18"x1" to get me all the shelves that I needed. I am glad that my supplier suggested cutting up the damaged, larger shelf because it turns out that they could not even order the shelf because none were in stock. My supplier was very gracious in trying to figure out how to get me that last shelf but it points out problems with the order as needed retail model instead of the older, fully supplied warehouse model.